WELCOME TO THE WEBSITE DEDICATED TO THE
10TH SALENTO INTERNATIONAL CHESS TOURNAMENT
29 May – 02 June 2021
Tournaments: Master (>= 1800) , Main (1400-1800) , Rising (0-1500)
Prize money: € 2500
IN COLLABORATION WITH ACCADEMIA SCACCHISTICA SALENTINA DI PISIGNANO
Ecoresort Le Sirenè – Riserva Naturalistica Torre del Pizzo
73014 Gallipoli – Salento – Italy
Tel: +39 0833 202536 – Fax: +39 0833 202539
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.carolihotels.it
Click on Play to watch the video
Dear Chess Friends,
Thanks to Caroli Hotels we have and we will have pleasure to meeting you again actually 10th Salento International Chess Open 2021 – Ecoresort Le Sirenè is published on Italian Federation Calendar and official website and it will take place safely thanks to the FSI / CONI Corona virus safety protocol.
Our event arrived with this in its tenth edition (!) current year prize money is € 2.500 and as always supported by careful and professional organization of Chess Projects ASD (www.chesspro.it) and the essential support and hospitality of Caroli Hotels (www.carolihotels.it).
Tournaments are three and structured on 7 rounds (1-2-1-2-1), divided into Rising from 0/1500 by Elo, Main from 1400/1900 and Master > = 1800 (some titled player will be invited to join).
In addition to the pleasure of being finally together once more after a troubled year like last one, here below we detail advantages offered to PLAYERS and their COMPANIONS:
- – tournament is organised in a comfortable luxury resort with many facilities as swimming pool and beach, overlooked by beautiful and unspoiled sea of Gallipoli
- – the hotel accommodation rates dedicated to chess players and companions are really lower than the standard ones available on Caroli Hotels website!
- – every day lunch will be served outdoor under ancient olive trees by Italian food and Apulian cuisine
- – the total capacity of multiple playing hall, air conditioned, is over 100 seats
- – players will have a single game table for the 2 players, chessboards and wooden pieces on all chessboards for all tournaments and plastic barriers to ensure safety of both players
- – on Saturday morning 29/05 players can join in a Masterclass for beginners and intermediates, held by an International Master or GM
- – transfers from Brindisi airport and Lecce station, supported by Caroli Hotels shuttle that picks you up, are at extremely modest agreed prices mentioned on official flyer
- – thanks to Italian Chess Federation/CONI sports protocol people who are registered officially to the event are allowed to move across Italy to participate tournament even if that specific moment Puglia would be unfortunately in the red zone (segregation required to citizens)
- – for the companions there are a thousand things to do starting simply by enjoying amazing beachside and salento crystal and warm sea
- – If for any reason related to health of player he or she would decide to resign event entry fee and money sent to make bookings at resort will be returned
Sea, sun, wind…and chess are looking forward to your coming again or first time!
Chess Projects ASD